At Brannel we challenge our students to develop their understanding and appreciation of diversity by celebrating what we have in common and promoting respect for the different protected characteristics as defined in law. Our vision:
- For every student to feel valued for who they are, so they can grow and flourish into confident, successful adults.
- For every student to have no barriers to opportunity, achievement, success or enjoyment.
- For all our families to feel valued and their diversity recognised and celebrated.
- That our wider community benefits from the work of the school, building on the values of community cohesion.
As an organisation we are committed to:
- Tackling discrimination of all kinds: including race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief and age discrimination.
- Positively promoting race, disability and gender equality.
- Creating good relationships with all the groups it serves: by race, culture, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief and age.
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all.
We aim to mainstream equality issues by:
- Integrating equality issues into all our key policies, service planning arrangements and performance management framework.
- Ensuring that our short, medium and long term planning contributes towards this scheme.
- Ensuring that arrangements are in place to monitor and report on our progress against our action plans as well as our progress on integrating equality issues.
- Ensuring that we engage effectively with stakeholders and local communities in delivering and monitoring the scheme.