At Brannel School we believe that all young people need help to develop positive personal character strengths or virtues; honesty, resilience, courage, perseverance and compassion. The aim of character education is to equip young people to lead flourishing lives, by supporting them to develop these traits.
Our aim is to build a generation of ‘game-changers’ who have the right skills to succeed in work and life, enabling them to take on the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
We believe that all young people should leave education being competent with 5 key themes:
- Be ready to learn
- Be focused
- Be global
- Be resilient
- Be collaborative
Brannel’s enrichment programme, incorporates a number of fundamental programmes that are designed to personalise the learning and opportunities for all of our students:
- Fantastic Futures focuses on broadening career horizons
- Brannel Challenge pushes students outside their comfort zones co-curricular activities
- Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education (PSHE)
- Eco School Programme including Global Schools’ Exchange
- Brannel Coaching & Goal Setting
We provide personalised learning for all students both in and out of the classroom. Our education is tailored to the needs and abilities of every individual student – regardless of age and educational level.